To book please call 902-579-0811 or email email@example.com.
Angela received a Bachelor of Human Ecology degree with a major in family studies from Mount Saint Vincent University and continued her education to obtain a Master of Social Work degree from Dalhousie University.
She has over 15 years of experience working with adolescents, adults, and families in various outpatient mental health settings, providing assessments, crisis counselling, and intervention. Angela has various areas of practice including parent/child relationships, couples counselling, anxiety, adjustment, trauma, substance abuse and eating disorders.
Angela’s practice and therapeutic approach draws on evidence-based modalities, including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF)-CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-Ten (CBT-T) for eating disorders and Family Based Therapy (FBT) for eating disorders. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as well as Solution Focused Therapy are also modalities Angela has training and experience in.
As a clinical social worker, she places a strong focus on the importance of attachment and relationships. She takes a psychosocial approach to overall physical and emotional well-being to empower individuals to reach their optimal growth. Angela’s strengths lie in her ability to genuinely connect with clients and work collaboratively with them to help each unique individual achieve their own optimal growth and development.
Angela enjoys a healthy and active lifestyle, teaches group fitness classes and is a member of several animal rescue groups. She is also a proud dog mom of 5 and they keep her busy with daily walks as well. Angela is accepting new clients and is ready to support you through life’s difficult challenges.
Some Areas of Strength Include:
- Group Facilitator
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Life Transitions/ Career Change
- Parent/Child Relationships
- Registered with Nova Scotia College of Social Workers – Registration #1846 – https://nscsw.org/
- Trauma-Focused CBT Training
- ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) Training
- Trauma Informed Care
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Course
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Family Therapy Internship
- Attachment Assessment Course
- ASIST – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Youth Criminal Justice Act Training/Domestic Violence Training