Orthotics are medical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. They are designed to reduce strain by bringing your feet back into to the proper alignment. They are made from a foam impression of your feet, and come in a variety of sizes and types to fit comfortably in almost any shoe.
By wearing orthotics, pressure points, muscle strains and abnormal forces on the ankles, knees, hips and spine are eliminated because the orthotics enable your feet to function properly.
You may be a candidate for orthotics, if one of the following applies to you:
- Your feet are sore on a regular basis.
- You spend a large part of your day standing or walking.
- You regularly play sports or run.
- Standing or walking gives joint pain (ankles, knees, hips or back).
- You are over 40 years old.
- You have bunions or fallen arches.
- One leg is shorter than the other.
- You have knock knees or are bow-legged.
- Your shoes wear out quickly.
- Your parents had foot problems.