4. Is Laser Therapy Safe?
Yes! The wavelengths of light used for laser therapy do not generate any heat, unlike those used for hair removal or kidney stones. This type of cold laser therapy could be applied for hours without causing any tissue damage. Laser Therapy is applied to the skin and is thus non-invasive and non-toxic. The treatment is not painful and most people do not feel anything at all during application. The device used in this clinic uses the latest technology and has been approved by Health Canada.
5. How long does each treatment take? How many treatments do I need?
The required dose and frequency for your condition will be calculated by the doctor and will take seconds to minutes to administer. Research studies have shown that laser is more effective at lower doses over multiple intervals, rather than one or two high doses. As a general rule acute conditions respond best to 3-4 treatments per week for two to three weeks, and chronic conditions respond best to 2-3 treatments per week for up to four weeks.
6. Who should NOT have Laser Therapy?
- Pregnant females cannot have laser over the uterus
- Individuals with cancer cannot have laser over the affected area.
- Individuals with active Hemorrhage cannot be treated in that area
- Individuals taking Immune Suppressant Drug
- Individuals who have had cortisone shots in the treatment area within 2-3 weeks
7. What is the cost?
Your treatment will be administered by one of our Chiropractic Doctors and thus the fees are $85.00 for the initial visit and $45.00 per treatment thereafter. Existing patients do not need to have an initial visit. Student and senior rates do apply.